It’s been a while since we’ve posted a public update on the status of Bolt 4. By now, we’d planned to have released Bolt 4 already, but obviously we haven’t yet. It probably doesn’t need to be said, but these are strange times. That does not mean we’ve not been busy. In fact:
- We’ve upgraded to Symfony 5, so we’re on the latest and greatest
- We’ve expanded on our initial goal of extensibility for 4.0: You can now add extensions for a wide variety of custom functionality, including custom Field Types.
- Many other pieces of functionality have already snuck in, due to specific demand for a project.
- There are already a handful of Bolt 4 websites in production.
- All this has taken over 4000 commits to our main git repository.
The new date on which we’ll launch the stable version 4.0 is on Wednesday September 2nd. So, little over a month from now. If you’d like to stay on top of the progress, please check out the roadmap, or join us on our Slack channel.
There’s one other new feature that we’ve not yet revealed, but we’re absolutely certain that all Bolt users will love. We’ll keep up the suspense for a little longer, so keep an eye on this site, Slack or our Twitter.