We've released a beta for Bolt 2.1. In the past two months since Bolt 2.0, we've been focusing on the stability and maintainability of Bolt, to further improve the quality of our codebase, looking forward to future improvements and enhancements. In the next week or two, we'll be finetuning and tweaking bugs found in this release, and we'll release Bolt 2.1.0 stable
As such, the '2.1' release will bring much less changes in functionality than 2.0 did, but under the hood, a lot has been changing. Since Bolt 2.0.0, we've made 2240 commits to out Github repository.
That said, some of the bigger changes in the upcoming 2.1 release are:
- Updated: PHPUnit now covers the complete codebase.
- Updated: Extensions interface had major overhaul and now uses the Composer API more extensively and provides better error handling for AJAX calls.
- Update: Bolt's custom logging provider has been replaced with Monolog
- Added: A lot of work had been done on
select-fields, to allow more flexible selections from other contenttypes.
- Fixed: No more unwanted
- For a full list of changes, see the Changelog on GitHub
To install this version from scratch, follow the instructions on the updated installation page in the documentation, as can be found here: Installing Bolt. To upgrade an existing site, see Updating. Be sure to get the correct versions, though: bolt-2.1.0-rc2.tar.gz or bolt-2.1.0-rc2.zip.
For the lazy:
curl -O http://bolt.cm/distribution/bolt-2.1.0-rc2.tar.gz tar -xzf bolt-2.1.0-rc2.tar.gz --strip-components=1 chmod -R 777 files/ app/database/ app/cache/ app/config/ theme/ extensions/
Note that this is a beta release, so common caveats apply: Use at your own risk. Preferably not on production websites, and/or make backups!