After a short beta period, we've released Bolt 2.1.0. In the past two months since Bolt 2.0, we've been focusing on the stability and maintainability of Bolt, to further improve the quality of our codebase, looking forward to future improvements and enhancements.
As such, the '2.1' release will bring much less changes in functionality than 2.0 did, but under the hood, a lot has been changed. Since Bolt 2.0.0, we've made 2500 commits to our Github repository.
That said, some of the bigger changes in the 2.1.0 release are:
- Updated: PHPUnit now covers the complete codebase.
- Updated: Extensions interface had major overhaul and now uses the Composer API more extensively and provides better error handling for AJAX calls.
- Update: Bolt's custom logging provider has been replaced with Monolog
- Added: A lot of work had been done on
select-fields, to allow more flexible selections from other contenttypes.
- Fixed: No more unwanted
- Added: Allow for
https://protocol in canonical setting in
- For a full list of changes, see the Changelog on GitHub
To install this version from scratch, follow the instructions on the updated installation page in the documentation, as can be found here: Installing Bolt. To upgrade an existing site, see Updating. Be sure to get the correct versions, though: bolt-latest.tar.gz or bolt-latest.zip.
For the lazy:
curl -O http://bolt.cm/distribution/bolt-latest.tar.gz tar -xzf bolt-latest.tar.gz --strip-components=1 chmod -R 777 files/ app/database/ app/cache/ app/config/ theme/ extensions/