In the two weeks since the second Bolt 3 beta, we've been fixing most of the bugs and issues that were reported by people testing out the new release. To keep the momentum going, we've just released Bolt 3 beta 3.
Note: If you're having trouble setting up this release outside of the 'webroot', please read this new page, where we've compiled some workarounds, as well as background on the 'why'. See: Troubleshooting 'Outside of the web root'
A list of the resolved issues and their respective fixes, can be found in the Changelog.
- Added: Add omnisearch test #5203
- Change: Change the 'About' link in the profiler to a slightly more useful 'Dashboard' link. #5174
- Change: Move "Possible field types" in config.yml #5176
- Change: Put the 'template select' in the "Template" tab, where it makes most sense #5160
- Change: Rename chapter taxonomy example to group #5169
- Change: Set session.save_path to a hidden directory, to persist after flush #5154
- Change: Show better log message for "failed login attempt". #5177
- Change: Updating base-2016 dependencies #5175
- Change: Various theme improvements #5189
- Deprecation: Remove livereload settings from config.yml and _page.twig #5166
- Deprecation: Remove number from contenttypes.yml #5167
- Fixed: A few issues regarding database constraints. #5207, #5219, #5224
- Fixed: Adding missing .control-label class to fields, markdown, image, imagelist and textarea #5200
- Fixed: Bad default values for list types #5221
- Fixed: Don't re-fetch record on preview #5151
- Fixed: Don't throw a fatal exception on missing table #5223
- Fixed: Fix default value for select contenttype #5187
- Fixed: Fix for recursive join bug in repeaters #5216
- Fixed: JS Fix for imagelists in templatefields #5188
- Fixed: Look for template files in deeper folders. #5217
- Fixed: Only force enabling user entity on first user creation #5208
- Fixed: Reset moved ckeditor instances in repeaters #5171
- Fixed: Show folders in ck_files template #5147
- Fixed: Strip tags from useragent. (minor security issue) #5178
- Fixed: Temporary hack to get the permission name associated with the route #5202
- Fixed: Use right syntax for Omnisearch templates #5192
- Travis: Composer install testing #5150
For instructions on on how to install, please check the documentation. Or, just run the following commands, to get a quick start:
curl -O http://bolt.cm/distribution/bolt-3.0.0-beta3.tar.gz tar -xzf bolt-3.0.0-beta3.tar.gz --strip-components=1
Please help us by testing this release, and reporting found issues in our Issue Tracker, as we progress to a Bolt 3 stable release.