We've released Bolt 2.0.3 as a maintenance release for all Bolt users. This release also contains a bunch of minor additions, tweaks and fixes. It contains no security fixes.
Improvements and changes
- Added: integration of Symfony's VarDumper component. The old 'Dumper::dump' is still present, for backwards compatibility
- Added: Option to disable dashboard news
- Added: Browser caching and EXIF orientation support for thumbnails
- Added: Improvements to Imagelist and Filelist fields: Better selection and re-ordering, delete multiple items, and view full-size images. (Thanks @Pinpickle, See #2360)
- Added: proportional autoscaling option to showImage() using '0' values
- Added: Whoops now sends errors to AJAX callers in JSON format (#2433)
- Fixed: No CSS / static files shown when using PHP's built-in server via ./serve (#2381)
- Fixed: Magnific popup image preview on image lists (#2443)
- Fixed: Added 'pasteZone: null', which prevents triggering an upload when pasting from Word in Chrome. (#2427)
- Fixed: Pager works correctly for paging categories and other taxonomies (#2468)
- Fixed: Select field type, with values from another content type now always uses the 'id' as the value in the DB. (#2465)
- Updated: CKeditor to 4.4.6, jQuery to version 1.11.2, jQuery goMap to 1.3.3 and others.
- Change: Fields that previously used 0000-00-00 and 1900-01-01 now default to using NULL instead (#2396)
- And a bunch of other, smaller issues. See the Changelog for details...
To upgrade an existing install, or to setup a new one, just follow the instructions for installation or for updating. When you do an upgrade, you will not overwrite your modified settings with the upgrade. You should still make a backup before doing an upgrade, though. Get the latest .tgz or .zip, or browse the folder with the distributions. After the upgrade you will be prompted to update the Database, or you can just use
php app/nut database:update from the command line.